5 Ways to Melt the Ice
Feb 11, 2019
Has the ice been a problem for you and your animals? Here are some tips to keep your livestock safe and sound footed.
- Salt can be used in limited quantities because it can be harsh on animals’ hooves/feet. Salt would not be a good option for pastures because it is harmful to grass.
- Barn lime is a good option that is safe for animals but is slower at melting the ice than salt.
- Spreading old bedding/manure on icy areas will help melt the ice, create good footing and is safe for your animals.
- Ashes from a fireplace are a great option to melt the ice and cheap.
- Cat litter is also known for improving footing on ice, it is more expensive but very effective.
Read More News
Oct 03, 2023
Celebrated by cooperatives nationwide during the month of October, National Co-op Month is an annual opportunity to raise awareness of a trusted, proven way to do business and build resilient, inclusive communities. Under the theme, "Owning Our Identity," this year’s Co-op Month is also a chance to lift up what makes cooperative businesses unique in the marketplace.
Sep 06, 2023
Find out about specials, promotions and events planned for September in this month's advertising flyer. The start of September brings the start of a new fiscal year for Country Visions Cooperative. We are looking forward to working together again with you, our members, as we head into our next fiscal year.
Aug 09, 2023
We thank you for putting your trust in our team at Country Visions Cooperative as they have stayed persistent and persevered to get the work done. We are excited for the future of our company and our ability to provide quality products, service and knowledge for our customers. It is the final month in the annual accounting period for our Cooperative and we are hopeful for a successful finish to our financial year.